How to make your wordpress website faster
(Tips & tricks) 2021
Website performance is a crucial component to online success. A slow site adversely affects eCommerce transactions, drains server resources, depresses SEO ranking, and frustrates visitors. Often, when customers notice that their website appears to have slowed down or requires several seconds to load, they call into our support team asking why their server is performing poorly. While server issues can, in rare instances, contribute to a lagging website, they are almost never the cause. More often than not, poor website performance has much more to do with the website itself, and how it is configured. Fortunately, there are a range of things you can do to optimize a website for better performance!
How can I speed up my site?
WordPress Performance Optimization Best Practices
- Keep Your WordPress Site Updated.
- Optimize Background Processes.
- Use Excerpts on Homepage and Archives.
- Split Comments into Pages.
- Use a Content Delivery Network (CDN)
- Don’t Upload Audio/Video Files Directly to WordPress.
- Use a Theme Optimized For Speed.
- Use Faster Plugins.
First of all , How to check your Website speed ?
Pest option to use Google pagespeed Insights
There are a number of WordPress plugins that can help you inline critical assets or defer less important resources.
Beware that optimizations provided by these plugins may break features of your theme or plugins, so you will likely need to make code changes.
Best of plugins to Speed up your website :
Faster page load = Happier Visitors = More Conversions = More Revenue
There are often times when you are using a theme and a number of plugins which are enabled and run on the same page. However, you don’t need to use all of them and to improve the speed of your website and make the HTML source code cleaner (convenient for debugging purposes), it’s better to prevent those styles and scripts from loading.
WP-Optimize is a revolutionary, all-in-one WordPress performance plugin that cleans your database, compresses your images and caches your site.
Our cache feature is built around the world’s fastest caching engine. This simple, popular and highly effective tool has everything you need to keep your website fast and thoroughly optimized!
It does it in three clever ways:
- It allows you to clean and optimise your database.
- It gives you the option to compress your images.
- It allows you to cache your pages, for super fast load times (read more caching information below).
Hummingbird is brought to you by the WordPress speed specialists that created Smush image optimization, now active on more than +1 million websites. Get the complete speed boost with Hummingbird and Smush.
IF PAGESPEED INSIGHTS IS MAKING THESE SPEED RECOMMENDATIONS HUMMINGBIRD CAN HELP:
- Enable text compression – Use gzip to make your site fly.
- Preconnect to required origins – Use Hummingbird to establish earlier connections.
- Preload key requests – Prioritize resources based on order.
- Avoid enormous network payloads – Consider Lazy Load for comments or breaking up smaller posts.
- Use efficient cache – The Hummingbird Cache suite offers effective browser cache for caching any site.
- Minify CSS – Strip unused code from your CSS.
- Eliminate render-blocking resources – Move critical CSS and JS inline and defer all non-critical JS/CSS.
- Defer unused CSS – Defer the loading of CSS not used for above-the-fold content.
- Lazy Load offscreen images (Smush free integration).
Hummingbird scans your site and provides one-click fixes to speed up WordPress in a flash.
You’ll get faster loading pages, higher search rankings (SERP) and PageSpeed scores, and happier visitors with Hummingbird’s WordPress speed optimization. Optimizing the speed of your site has never been easier!
W3 Total Cache (W3TC) improves the SEO and user experience of your site by increasing website performance and reducing load times by leveraging features like content delivery network (CDN) integration and the latest best practices.
W3TC is the only web host agnostic Web Performance Optimization (WPO) framework for WordPress trusted by millions of publishers, web developers, and web hosts worldwide for more than a decade. It is the total performance solution for optimizing your WordPress Website.
- Improvements in search engine result page rankings, especially for mobile-friendly websites and sites that use SSL
- At least 10x improvement in overall site performance (Grade A in WebPagetest or significant Google Page Speed improvements) when fully configured
- Improved conversion rates and “site performance” which affect your site’s rank on Google.com
- “Instant” repeat page views: browser caching
- Optimized progressive render: pages start rendering quickly and can be interacted with more quickly
- Reduced page load time: increased visitor time on site; visitors view more pages
- Improved web server performance; sustain high traffic periods
- Up to 80% bandwidth savings when you minify HTML, minify CSS and minify JS files.
When a page is rendered, php and mysql are used. Therefore, system needs RAM and CPU.
If many visitors come to a site, system uses lots of RAM and CPU so page is rendered so slowly. In this case, you need a cache system not to render page again and again. Cache system generates a static html file and saves. Other users reach to static html page.
In addition, the site speed is used in Google’s search ranking algorithm so cache plugins that can improve your page load time will also improve your SEO ranking.
Setup of this plugin is so easy. You don’t need to modify the .htacces file. It will be modified automatically.
- Mod_Rewrite which is the fastest method is used in this plugin
- All cache files are deleted when a post or page is published
- Admin can delete all cached files from the options page
- Admin can delete minified css and js files from the options page
- Block cache for specific page or post with Short Code
- Cache Timeout – All cached files are deleted at the determinated time
- Cache Timeout for specific pages
- Enable/Disable cache option for mobile devices
- Enable/Disable cache option for logged-in users
- SSL support
- CDN support
- Cloudflare support
- Preload Cache – Create the cache of all the site automatically
- Exclude pages and user-agents
- WP-CLI cache clearing
LiteSpeed Cache for WordPress (LSCWP) is an all-in-one site acceleration plugin, featuring an exclusive server-level cache and a collection of optimization features.
LSCWP supports WordPress Multisite and is compatible with most popular plugins, including WooCommerce, bbPress, and Yoast SEO.
LiteSpeed Cache for WordPress is compatible with ClassicPress.
- Free QUIC.cloud CDN Cache
- Object Cache (Memcached/LSMCD/Redis) Support+
- Image Optimization (Lossless/Lossy)
- Minify inline CSS/JS
- Combine CSS/JS
- Automatically generate Critical CSS
- Lazyload images/iframes
- Responsive Image Placeholders
- Multiple CDN Support+
- Load CSS/JS Asynchronously
- Browser Cache Support+
- Database Cleaner and Optimizer
- PageSpeed score optimization
- OPcode Cache Support+
- HTTP/2 Push for CSS/JS (on web servers that support it)
- DNS Prefetch
- Cloudflare API
- Single Site and Multisite (Network) support
- Import/Export settings
- Attractive, easy-to-understand interface
- WebP image format support
- Heartbeat control
+ This service is not provided by the LSCache plugin, nor is it guaranteed to be installed by your service provider. However, the plugin is compatible with the service if it is in use on your site.
Jetpack Boost provides one-click optimizations that supercharge your WordPress site’s performance and improve web vitals
scores for better SEO.
Optimize your site with the same techniques used on the world’s most successful websites. Each technique is packaged up as a module that you can activate and try out.
Currently the plugin has 3 performance modules available:
- Optimize CSS Loading generates Critical CSS for your homepage, posts and pages. This can allow your content to show up on the screen much faster, particularly for viewers using mobile devices.Read more about critical CSS generation at web.dev
- Lazy Image Loading only loads the images the user can see. As the user scrolls, images are loaded just before they show up on the page. This simple optimization makes sites faster and saves bandwidth for your host and your customers.Read more about lazy image loading at web.dev
There’s nothing to configure – the setup process is as easy as:
- Install the plugin
- Activate Jetpack Connection
- Turn on performance modules one by one and observe how the performance score changesGoogle PageSpeed API is used to measure the performance score of a site. It’s important to look at the PageSpeed score because Core Web Vitals are going to be used as a ranking factor in search engines.
Currently, a typical user expects web pages to load less than after 3 seconds. If you don’t meet this expectation barrier, you lose a lot of website traffic and, as a result, your revenue.
So, we recommend applying a simple yet effective website speed optimization approach:
- Check and evaluate the key factors of website success, considering conversion, visibility, and usability.
- Test your current website speed and prioritize the pages and features that need the most attention in regard to these three factors.
- Start your optimization with the most speed-reducing aspects and focus on the pages that define your conversion success the most.